Farm Tractor Safety Tips
• Always wear a safety belt while operating a tractor and ensure that the proper rollover protection structure (ROPS) is in place.
• Never carry others unless the tractor is fitted with a ROPS and has a separate seat with a safety belt.
• Reduce your speed when turning.
• Descend slopes slowly in a low gear.
• Always mount and dismount on the side of the tractor apposite the controls to avoid accidentally releasing them.
For more information on how to protect yourself and your farm, please visit Agriculture or call a SW Risk Management Specialist at 1-866-924-7976 (SWRM).